I cannot believe how amazing this salad / toast was. In fact, I want one right now. I’m pretty much drooling. This recipe will be a go-to summer salad recipe. See, there are so many amazing ways to eat your veggies!
prep/total time: approximately 20-25 minutes
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
handful basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
sliced tomato or cherry tomatoes
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
pinch of kosher salt
feta cheese, crumbled
goat cheese, crumbled
toasted French bread, 2 slices each person
handful pine nuts, toasted
handful of arugula per person
1. Chop, slice, and grate all needed ingredients.
2. Mix the olive oil, pepper and salt together, stir in the chopped, sliced, grated ingredients. Gently fold in the crumbled cheeses. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Slice and toast the bread.
4. Toast a handful of pine nuts – careful not to burn, you only want them golden brown.
5. Place a handful of washed arugula on each plate.
6. Place the toast on the sides of the plate. Arrange the cucumber on the bed of arugula, and scoop out the cheese and olive oil mixture on top of the toasts and arugula. Enjoy!