I have never made hazelnut anything, and this was a pretty cool dish to start with. The only thing that I would change is to buy smaller shrimp – I bought the jumbo size and they tasted well, fishy. I usually buy the medium size and don’t have that problem. The peach salad was to die for.
time: roughly 45 minutes
serve with wild rice and/or a salad
Coconut Hazelnut Shrimp Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp (not cooked)
1 cup Bobs Red Mill Hazelnut Meal
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
4 teaspoons ginger powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup corn starch
1 egg, beaten
Coconut Hazelnut Shrimp Directions:
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Combine the hazelnut meal, shredded coconut, ginger and salt & pepper in a flat dish.
3) Pour the corn starch into a flat dish, beat the egg and pour that into a flat dish.
4) Take each shrimp and coat with the corn starch, then dip in the beaten egg, and then dip and coat with the hazelnut mixture. Place each shrimp on a cooking rack.
5) Bake the tray of shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are cooked through and the hazelnut mixture has hardened.
Peach Salad Ingredients:
2 peaches, pitted and cut into bite sized pieces
half red onion, chopped
half bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
1 jalapeno – diced finely
half bunch cilantro, chopped finely
1 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste
Peach Salad Directions:
1) Chop all of the produce and place into a serving bowl; squeeze the lime over the produce and sprinkle in the spices. Stir to combine. Keep the peach salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.