Time: 25 minutes
one package uncooked rice noodles
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 clove garlic, minced
4 red chillies, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup whole roasted cashews
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Boil a pot of salted water, and cook the rice noodles according to package directions (don’t overcook as they will continue to cook in the sauce). Drain and rinse the noodles in cold water.
- Combine the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and lime juice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot spoon in half of the peanut oil, dump in the shrimp after the oil has gotten a tad bit warm. Cook the shrimp until they are cooked through, then remove them from the pan.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil, the garlic, red chillies and red bell peppers; saute for about 3 minutes (you want the red bell peppers to still be crunchy).
- Add the cashews and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the sauce and the shrimp to the vegetables then cook for another minute.
- Add the noodles and cook for about 3 minutes – stir until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop out the noodle mixture and place on individual plates, then top with the chopped green onions and cilantro.