I love oatmeal cookies. I love chocolate. I love caramel. Why not combine all 3 into an amazing cookie? Well, I did.
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher or sea salt
3/4 cup butter, soft at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
dark chocolate broken into pieces, we’re talking good chocolate – Lindt, Ghirardelli
soft caramel candy (mine was store bought, though you could make your own), chopped into tiny pieces
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla followed by the flour mixture one scoop at a time. Stir in the oatmeal, chocolate and caramel candy, mixing just until well combined.
4) Shape dough into 1/2″ balls and arrange on baking sheet leaving about 2-inches between them to allow them to spread. Gently flatten each ball (so they are approximately 1/2 as high) with your fingertips.
5) Bake the cookies for approximately 12-15 minutes until they are are golden brown.
6) Allow the cookies to cool for 2ish minutes on the baking sheet, then gently place on a wire rack to cool completely.