My husband has really wanted to make tandoori chicken in our Green Egg ever since we got it, so about 2 years. We finally did and it was awesome! Our homemade tandoori chicken isn’t as read as what you get in most restaurants, my husband said that’s because they add red food coloring. I’m ok with our less red tandoori chicken! Raita is a Greek yogurt based sauce that is fantastic to eat with spicy Indian food!
time: overnight + 2 hours
1. Combine all ingredients except for chicken in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Place the chicken in a ziplock plastic bag, add the marinade mix the marinade around the chicken and refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and leave on the counter for 30 minutes.
4. Get your grill ready. For charcoal arrange the coals on either side of the grate, leaving a space in the middle. Light and let sit for about 1/2 hour until the charcoal turns gray/black. For gas grills, heat one side to medium-high heat and leave one side without any heat.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade; place the sliced side veggies in the bag with marinade after you remove the chicken.
6. Place the chicken on the unheated part of the grill.
5. Close the grill lid and grill the chicken for about 90 minutes until cooked through; turn the chicken every 20 minutes.
6. Serve the tandoori chicken with the chilled raita, veggies, and rice.
1. Squeeze lemon, chop up veggies.
2. Stir into the Greek yogurt, season to taste.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour.