My car needed new front brakes so I took it to the mechanic today, and brought my bike to ride the 6 miles home. The guy at the front desk asked if I needed a ride, I said ‘no, I’m going to ride my bike’ – he replied with, ‘next time you can use one of ours!’. How very cool (and very Boulder) that my mechanic has several bikes that their customers can use!!
Onto this recipe. As I’ve been saying in post after post, it’s summer so I have been grilling & using summer fruits and veggies – this recipe is no exception. The balsamic vinegar & honey added a nice light touch of flavor to the chicken, and the quinoa & strawberry, goat cheese and nut salad were both a perfect compliment.
time: about 1 hour (marinade the night before)
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- The night before. Cut off any extra fat from the chicken breasts and then cut into 1 inch chunks and place in a gallon ziplock bag.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together and pour into the gallon bag with the chicken. Mush around and refrigerate overnight.
- The day of. Soak 3-4 wooden skewers in a shallow dish filled with water while getting the grill, quinoa and salad ready.
- Right before the grill is ready, thread the chicken pieces onto the water-soaked wooden skewers.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook until no longer pink, turning over so all sides get charred.
- Wash and slice a good few handfuls of ripe strawberries, place on top of washed spinach. Crumble goat cheese and throw a handful of mixed seasoned/sugared nuts on top
- Eat with your favorite beer, because it’ll make it that much better!