I am going through some of the recipes that I didn’t have time to post last year, this is from the summer so not exactly winter food, but it’s still amazing…maybe book mark it for later!
Mojo sauce is amazing, I guess you can buy a bottle of it, but the real fresh sauce is so easy to make!
Mojo Marinade Ingredients:
1 cup orange juice
2 lemons, squeezed
1 lime, squeezed
5 garlic cloves
1 bunch cilantro
1 1/2 jalapenos
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mojo Marinade Directions:
1) Combine all of the ingredients above into a Cuisinart food processor, and blend until chopped.
2) Pour over the pork tenderloin in a shallow dish (you want the meat to be covered in the marinade as much as possible); cover and refrigerate over night. Turn the pork tenderloin over halfway through the day (unless it is all the way covered by the marinade).
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Slice the red onion really thinly; place the slices in a bowl.
2. Pour the red wine or apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup warm water over onion.
3. Stir in the sugar and salt.
4. Cover the bowl and let the onions sit until they are slightly pickled, about 30 minutes. Drain.
These onions can be made ahead, no longer than 2 days ahead. Once the liquid has cooled, cover and refrigerate.