I really dug this recipe. I had sweet potato tacos at a local food truck, but decided that they needed a little something else, so I added pork and red quinoa. Amazing. Add the sharp white cheddar cheese and I had a hard time stopping myself from eating them!!
time: about half hour
Ingredients for the pork & sweet potatoes (this amount for each, so double the ingredients below)
pork tenderloin, cubed
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup uncooked red quinoa (you can use white, but I like the color that the red quinoa adds)
sharp white cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
corn tacos, about 2-3 for each person or double if you use two taco shells per taco
1.Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
2. Mix together the seasonings for the pork tenderloin, place the cubed pork in a bowl and coat with the seasoning.
3. Mix together the seasonings for the sweet potatoes, place the cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl and coat with the seasoning.
4. Heat up two skillets (or do the pork / sweet potatoes one after the other) with a scoop of coconut oil. Once the coconut oil sizzles if you splash a little water in the skillet saute the pork until it is cooked through and the sweet potato cubes until they are soft. After they are cooked place on a plate and cover until all of the rest of the goodies are ready.
5. Cut up your produce, grate the cheese.
6. Heat your tacos in a skillet until they are hot, then place all of the ingredients on top and enjoy!