BBQ’d black beans sounded kind of weird, but we went with the recipe and they actually turned out really well! We will make these again! They were a hit at our BBQ!
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 2 – 2.5 hours
serves: a lot! reduce the amount of beans if you want less
- 4 – 6 slices of bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans in their liquid
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon until crisp, then remove excess grease on a paper towel. Break into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside half.
2. Add all ingredients into a crock pot, stir.
3. Cook on high for 2 – 2.5 hours. When serving add a little bit of the reserved bacon pieces onto each bowl.