I made these last summer, and with selling a house / buying a new one and starting grad school I never had time to post the recipe. Things have calmed down a bit, so I’m hoping to post all of my back-logged recipes and then actually photograph some new ones!
time: close to an hour, probably
Green Cashew Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2-4 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce (I used 4 tablespoons)
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- handful of shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, sliced into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground hamburger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup sweet thai chili sauce, for dipping
- toasted cashews
Green Cashew Sauce Directions
Step 1: Place the cilantro, basil, cashews, coconut milk, lime juice, Thai red curry paste and sweet thai chile sauce to a food processor.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Add more of the ingredients if needed.
Mango Slaw Directions
Step 1: Combine the mangos, shredded carrots, matchstick cucumbers, thinly sliced red onion, jalapeno, and fresh lime juice.
Step 2: Mix well.
Step 1: Mix the two meats together well.
Step 2: Roll into small balls.
Step 3: Cook the meatballs thoroughly.
Step 4: Stir together the sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, and honey.
Step 5: Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce
Put it all together
Step 1: Place the meatballs, cashew sauce, mango salsa, and toasted cashews on a washed piece of lettuce…enjoy!!